Managing your booking
Patients registered to a GP in North Yorkshire or East Yorkshire – Please call us on 0300 330 2000 between 08.00 and 18.00 to make a transport booking.
Patients registered to a GP in South Yorkshire or West Yorkshire - please contact your healthcare provider to arrange transport on your behalf. Patients in South Yorkshire and West Yorkshire are current unable to self-book transport.
Staff in our reservations team will ask you some simple questions to ensure you are eligible and to assess your transport needs.
To help us:
- Please have your NHS number to hand. This can often be found on correspondence from your GP or hospital, you can also request it from your doctor’s surgery.
- Tell us about your mobility and any other needs you have, such as sight or hearing difficulties, learning disabilities or any medical conditions that affect how you travel.
- If you require an escort or assistance dog you must make us aware of this, and the reasons why, at the time of booking. For more information on escorts, click here.
- Tell us about any equipment or belongings that you need to bring with you such as oxygen, a wheelchair or a walking frame.
- If you have a mobile telephone, please provide this to the call-taker.
- If your appointment is changed or cancelled, please let us know as soon as possible.
- Please do not ask to take the driver to take you anywhere other than to your appointment or to your home.
Many wards and clinics will arrange your transport on your behalf; use the contact details on your appointment letter if you are unsure.
If you have access to the internet via computer, tablet or smartphone, you can manage your bookings, track your transport on the day of travel and chat to staff in our communication centre using Patient Zone.
Cancelling your transport
It is extremely important to cancel your transport if your appointment or treatment is cancelled or if your plans change. This is to ensure that we don’t make unnecessary journeys that could be used to transport other patients.
Patients registered to a GP in North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire or West Yorkshire - call us on 0300 330 2000 between 08.00 and 18.00 to make changes to or cancel your booking.
Patients registered to a GP in South Yorkshire should contact their healthcare provider to make changes or cancel transport on your behalf. Alternatively, call 0333 130 0530 08:00 and 18.00.