Managing your booking
If you are registered with a GP in Yorkshire or North East Lincolnshire, call us on 0300 330 2000 between 08.00 and 18.00 to make a transport booking.
Bookings can also be made by a friend, relative, carer or healthcare representative on your behalf. However, the same questions will be asked and, in most cases, you are better able to describe your medical and mobility needs, as well as your home environment. Providing us with accurate information will ensure that the most appropriate vehicle is sent to meet your needs.
Staff in our reservations team will ask you some simple questions to ensure you are eligible and to assess your transport needs.
To help us:
- Please have your NHS number to hand. This can often be found on correspondence from your GP or hospital, you can also request it from your doctor’s surgery.
- Tell us about your mobility and any other needs you have, such as sight or hearing difficulties, learning disabilities or any medical conditions that affect how you travel.
- If you require an escort or assistance dog you must make us aware of this, and the reasons why, at the time of booking. For more information on escorts, click here.
- Tell us about any equipment or belongings that you need to bring with you such as oxygen, a wheelchair or a walking frame.
- If you have a mobile telephone, please provide this to the call-taker.
- If your appointment is changed or cancelled, please let us know as soon as possible.
- Please do not ask to take the driver to take you anywhere other than to your appointment or to your home.
Many wards and clinics will arrange your transport on your behalf; use the contact details on your appointment letter if you are unsure.
If you have access to the internet via computer, tablet or smartphone, you can manage your bookings, track your transport on the day of travel and chat to staff in our communication centre using Patient Zone.
Cancelling your transport
It is extremely important to cancel your transport if your appointment or treatment is cancelled or if your plans change. This is to ensure that we don’t make unnecessary journeys that could be used to transport other patients.
If you are registered with a GP in Yorkshire or North East Lincolnshire, call us on 0300 330 2000 between 08.00 and 18.00 to make changes or to cancel your booking.